Monday, October 3, 2011

This Can't Be Me

I’ve changed into someone

I never wanted to be

I’m fading away,

Right in front of me

Drifting away from my destiny

I’m locked inside this cage,

Someone please set me free

There’s betrayal in my eyes,

That nobody can see

My unwanted existence

Just wants to leave

And make everyone believe

That this is not me

I’ve destroyed myself long back ago

Now I’m left with the broken pieces of my soul,

Wandering around,

Trying to find their own shadow

I can hear my own scream

I can see my broken dreams

Used to look up at the sky,

With my head up high

I lost all control and fell off,

Now I look down and cry

The castles that I made

Are now falling down

The symphony that I loved

Is now losing its sound

In this ocean of hope,

I start to drown

I’m about to die,

And I can’t see anyone around

Someone please save me

This is not where I wanted to be

How did I end up being here?

Wake me up,

I’m frightened by this nightmare

I can’t see this happening anymore

I want myself back more than any time before

Bring the old me back

My existence is the only thing that I lack

No, this can’t be me

It’s not what I used to be

2 comments: